Thank goodness babies are cute because otherwise I’d be tearing my eyebrows out already. Nope we do not have a new “actual” baby. We have a new puppy. He is a brindle phantom inter-variety (AKA Moyen or Medium) poodle. This variety is quite rare in Canada and not recognized by CKC or AKC. It’s kinda a cross between a miniature and a standard poodle. We hope he will grow up to be about 30 lbs and be a little brother to our big 76 lb Standard Poodle. So far Tigg wants very little to do with the new addition.
Here is Théo. As can see, he is fully loaded in the looks department but I don’t want anyone to think he’s just a pretty face. Here he is reading the newspaper with my hubby, which is, I’m sure you’ll agree quite astonishing for a fella as young as he is (talking about Théo, not hubby).
- Patchwork City Quilt Along. This started back in September with members all across Canada and already its coming along nicely. I am in awe of the talents of my fellow quilters in this one. It’s simply shocking how very very talented my friends are. Stay tuned for further pics from this project. Here are my blocks so far. I seem to be stuck on green and orange.
- Bee Inspired. This is an online Bee comprised of bloggers I met last year in the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop. My month is June. I’ve already sent one block off to the states. Only 11 more to go.
It’s a simple paper pieced Block called Split Hatchet. I love it and am eager to see Sharon’s finished quilt.
- PEIMQG Round Robin challenge. My centre block is boxed up and ready to start its travels beginning at the January meeting on Thursday. Here is a sneak peak of the box and it’s contents. This one has me very excited.
- Long Time Gone Quilt-Along. Holy Heck Hermione. I did this. It’s A crazy crazy quilt along that aims to complete this quilt in 4 months. The pattern arrived in the mail earlier this week (and Théo has already chewed the pattern book covers) so I cannot back out now. Yikes this one may be a bridge too far!
- Japanese Crosses. I’m not sure where this one is going, but I’ve already got about 24 blocks done on this one. Here is a quick pic of blocks I’ve made since mid-December.
- Marie’s Granddaughter’s Graduation Quilt. There is very little info on this one yet. It’s going to be a traditional photo remembrance quilt, which is something way outside my wheelhouse, but it’s always good to try new things. This one has to be done by June, so stay tuned for pics as we progress.
So that’s it for my projects (I think). I didn’t include the blocks I’ll make monthly for my PEIMQG Bee block exchange or any special blocks I’ll be making for Kindred Spirits Quilt Guild; and I also didn’t include the “150 Women Quilt” that Selina and I are considering making to celebrate our Nation’s birthday. It’s got 150 six inch blocks and it’s a monthly QAL. We are still thinking about this, not sure how or if we’ll get it done. It’d be really cool and I’d do it in a heartbeat, if I was convinced there was a possibility I could make another 75 blocks.
Here is a picture. Here is a link to the site. 150 Women. Check it out. It’s an important quilt and one any Canadian quilter should have a look at!
What’s on your plate?