I’m taking part in an online challenge to blog ever day in December. Holy OMG!
One part of me thinks blogging every day for a month is an awesome idea, but OMG the itty-bitty, teeny-tiny, rational and sane part of me thinks it’s overwhelming to be doing this in December. What on earth am I going to talk about? That’s a rhetorical question because seriously who is going to answer it? I’m pretty sure I’m the only person awake in Canada at 5:22 am who is wondering/worrying what she is going to say on her blog. FYI, don’t think I blogged 31 times all year to date….sigh that statement puts this whole experiment into perspective doesn’t it?
A quick search of “Google” confirms that others have worried about this in the past and many of them have actually posted lists of topics to write about. Well, I’m going to use some of their ideas along with some of my own. Here is a tentative schedule of things I plan to talk about this month, starting tomorrow (but really I’m starting today because I’m writing this today…which is kinda twisty and kinda smart right?)
- December 2 – that’s today and its Intro day. Read on!
- December 3 – Take a Picture, tell a story – this is a very short post…
- December 4 – Quilt Designs I’ve fallen in love with
- December 5 – Something, likely a quilt, I won a prize for
- December 6 – I was afraid of this (Quilt Con Entry) and then I wondered why
- December 7 – My Super Power (it involves a seam ripper) and How I learned I had it
- December 8 – Why I sometimes wish I was a Poodle
- December 9 – Looking back…words of wisdom I should have said to myself at 21
- December 10 – Downside of Impulse Purchases – AKA “What is your return policy?”
- December 11 – Putting my foot in my mouth…again!
- December 12 – Why is Improv Quilting so difficult for me?
- December 13 – A picture taken from last Christmas…another really short post…Yay!
- December 14 – We all make Mistakes – But not all Mistakes need apologies
- December 15 – Who said it? Possibly a Quiz
- December 16 – I could NOT live without….
- December 17 – An artist I love (spoiler alert….its my hubby)
- December 18 – The best daughter ever
- December 19 – I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus last night (AKA my parents)
- December 20 – ???? is like a boomerang, send it out there, get it back
- December 21 – Its a rule…so its a rule…Right or Wrong – Quilt Related I think
- December 22 – Purple/Green/Pink is the best color right?
- December 23 – Xmas Cookies and why I love them
- December 24 – Xmas presents should be opened on Xmas Eve or Xmas Day? Discuss.
- December 25 – In Canada we say Seasons Greetings, Merry Xmas, Joyeux Noel etc.
- December 26 – Why did I eat so much?or possibly….Hey I didn’t eat too much!
- December 27 – Quilt Projects I am working on in December and planning for 2018
- December 28 – Resolutions I made in the past
- December 29 – I love quilting because….
- December 30 – Resolutions for the future
- December 31 – OMG I actually enjoyed blogging this month
So that’s my list… Check back daily to see if I managed to stay on topic. If I was a bookmaker, I’d say the odds are 1000 to 1. Wish me luck.
And here is a picture because every blog post should have a picture… its a compilation of mini quilts I like. I put it together to show my Quilt Con Mini Quilt Swap partner the types of quilts that make my heart sing….